Are fluorescent lights worse for my eyes than incandescents?

No. With routine use, neither type of light causes damage to the eyes or visual system. Some people may be more bothered by some types of lights than others. The most common complaints include eyestrain and dryness.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

4 Ways to Protect Your Eyes As You Age
4 Ways to Protect Your Eyes As You Age
In 2012, the actress Dame Judi Dench told the press her eyesight was failing and that she was unable to read her scripts. Her solution? Her daughter a...
How can I boost antioxidant levels in my body to preserve my eye health?
Cooked kale, spinach, collards, and turnip greens (along with broccoli and eggs) are crammed full of...
How does working on a computer all day affect my eyes?
Dr. Laura C. Fine, MDDr. Laura C. Fine, MD
Although using a computer will not harm your eyes, staring at a computer screen all day will contrib...
Is It Harmful to My Eyes to Sit Close to the TV?