Are fluorescent lights worse for my eyes than incandescents?

No. With routine use, neither type of light causes damage to the eyes or visual system. Some people may be more bothered by some types of lights than others. The most common complaints include eyestrain and dryness.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

Drinking Black Tea Can Help Reduce Your Glaucoma Risk
The health benefits of tea range from lowering stress to improving digestion to aiding sleep, and now you can add eye health to the growing list. Rese...
Is watching TV bad for your eyes?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Children can focus at close distance without eyestrain better than adults. They often develop the ha...
What are three important things I can do to protect my eye health?
Your eyes do a lot for you. They help you enjoy scenic routes, admire Monet, and read gossip columns...
What Is Exciting About Modern Ophthalmology?