Should I take topical or oral antihistamines for my eye allergy?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Practitioner

Antihistamines come in different forms. If your eye allergy symptoms are only affecting your eyes, you should probably try the topical kind-in the form of eye drops-first. Oral antihistamines may be more appropriate if you're suffering from runny nose and sneezing in addition to symptoms of the eye.

Continue Learning about Eye Allergies

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.