If you have an eye allergy, your eyes are having an unnecessary immune response to a harmless substance. As part of this response, the part of your eye called the conjunctiva releases chemicals, like histamines, that cause your eyes to become inflamed. Along with the inflammation, you may experience burning and itching. You may even feel like there's a foreign object stuck in your eye.
- Q What are environmental allergies?
- Q What are common environmental allergens?
- Q What is environmental or ecological illness?
- Q How do cockroaches trigger my allergies?
- Q Are environmental allergies serious?
- Q Can non-celiac gluten sensitivity be treated with diet?