What's a good way to exfoliate my skin?

Gentle grains like sugar, oatmeal, or small synthetic beads can be found in common exfoliating products you can use once or twice weekly, depending on the sensitivity of your skin. Exfoliation is a practice that requires experimentation. Some people can tolerate the more abrasive products while others need more gentle formulas that won’t leave skin red and irritated. On the one hand, you’re scrubbing away dead, dulling cells to stimulate new cell growth and reveal that healthy, fresh glow. But on the other hand, you’re doing just that: semi sanding your face! Finding the balance here is key. If you want a more aggressive approach to exfoliation, you can schedule a visit to a dermatologist for a glycolic peel or microdermabrasion. Many have medical assistants or aestheticians in their offices who do these treatments daily.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Exfoliating Skin Cleansing Products

How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
How Can an Exfoliant Make My Skin Look Younger?