When do I burn more calories?

You burn more calories whenever you are active, the more intense or vigorous the activity the more calories you will burn, and the more calories after the activity you will burn too. Where you work out and the conditions you’re in also affect  calories burned too. Exercising in extremely cold or extremely hot environments makes it harder on the body and increases the calories burned during exertion, so does being at a high altitude. 

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

How is swimming helpful in overcoming weight issues?
Sarah Tittman , NASM Elite TrainerSarah Tittman , NASM Elite Trainer
The low-impact nature of swimming makes it an excellent choice of exercise for all individuals, incl...
What is non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT)?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Non-exercise activity thermogenesis, or NEAT, is the unplanned (or unstructured) low-intensity physi...
Do I have to run miles to lose weight?
Lorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite TrainerLorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite Trainer
No you don't have to run miles to lose weight. The key to losing weight is creating a caloric defici...
What are five foolproof tricks to look thinner?
Improving your posture is easily the best way to improve your appearance and appear taller and thinn...