What types of exercise should I do to maintain my weight loss?

Sari Greaves
According to research published in the National Weight Control Registry, people who successfully lost 30 or more pounds of weight and kept it off for 12 months or more burned an average of 2,800 calories weekly through exercise. The best way to meet your exercise prescription is to combine aerobic exercise with strength training. Strength training has the benefit of building lean body muscle, which gives your metabolism a boost. Aerobics is a good calorie burner.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Keep Weight off with This Kid Pastime
Keep Weight off with This Kid Pastime
Many of us haven't done it since our skinned-knee playground days. But research shows it may help keep you slim. Hint: It involves two wheels. We're ...
What can I do if I'm too overweight to exercise?
Anne SpickerAnne Spicker
Attitude is vital when it comes to making exercise a regular part of your routine. Let's start by ch...
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
Trainer Donovan Green shares his secrets for calorie-burning success.
Is There a Way to Slim My Hips and Rear?