What type of exercise equipment would be good for weight loss?

Anything that makes you sweat and smile! Though the media tends to make us think different, weight loss comes down to calories in vs. calories out. Pick the exercises or exercise equipment that you get the most enjoyment from. If you like spending time outside in the summer months, find a walking route that you can master. Once you are really good at walking your new loop try incorporating a few running intervals. If you enjoy strength programs, explore working with an Elite Sharecare virtual trainer to write you a circuit training program that will keep your heart rate up, maximizing your calorie burn while building muscle. Maybe you love attending group fitness classes or swimming in the pool, both are great options for weight loss. Whatever you are doing, keep it fresh switching up your routine. The more you enjoy what you are doing for exercise the better!

Two other very important tools for weight loss are:

1. A support system through a trainer, friends, co-worker, family or spouse - Having a go-to work out partner or someone to act as a cheerleader through your weight loss journey is vital.
  2. A food log - In order to know how many calories you are taking in each day you must keep track. That way you can really create the calorie deficit that you need to accomplish your weight loss goals. Sharecare virtual trainers are fully equipped to help you find that perfect caloric balance for an individual’s weight loss.

As any good trainer can tell you, anything and nothing are just as useable. Weight loss is going to happen if you consistently eat fewer calories than you burn. For most people, getting calories under control is step one and will get the ball rolling, and then activity is increased to a level that will fit into your lifestyle. To increase calorie burn anything can be done. Walking, running, cardio machines hiking; it is all good for burning calories and getting your cardiorespiratory system working. As for working your muscles, there are numerous ways to apply resistance to them. Body weight exercises, exercise tubing, medicine balls, kettlebells, TRK or other suspension training…the list is substantial. There are resources that can help you design a workout to meet your needs, such as the Sharecare Fitness application. Ultimately, what you do must be enjoyed by you. If it is, you will continue to do it and reap the benefits.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

How Can Social Networking Help Me Stay Motivated to Exercise?
What Factors Have Contributed to Worldwide Obesity?
What Type of Exercise Equipment Would Be Good for Weight Loss?
How Can I Exercise to Lose Weight If I Have Foot Problems?