Can a split routine be effective for weight loss?

While a split routine resistance training program is typically used by exercisers interested in improving strength and size, it is not unreasonable to think that when combined with a reduced calorie nutrition plan and other forms of exercise such as cardiorespiratory activity that weight-loss could occur.

Absolutely, split rountines workout very well for weight loss and muscle gain as well.  Just remember though this is not the only component to help you lose weight.  You also must have a proper cardiovascular program along with a good meal plan to help you reach your weight loss goals.  Bottom line burn more calories than you take in.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Walk Off Weight, Turn Off Fat Genes
Walk Off Weight, Turn Off Fat Genes
Around 10,000 people have walked the 2,181 mile-long Appalachian Trail from Springer Mountain, Ga., to Maine's Mount Katahdin. In contrast, more than ...
What can I do if I'm too overweight to exercise?
Transformation Nation finalist Sheila Hayes says that although she grew up in a family of athlet...
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
They don't all require a trip to the gym.
How Important Is Exercise to a Weight Loss Program?