How much weight do I have to lose to see significant health benefits?

It's amazing how losing just a little weight can pay such big benefits. When overweight people (with an average weight of 225 pounds) lose about 7.5 percent of their body weight (about 17 pounds or 4 inches of waist size), they improve their HDL "good" cholesterol and LDL "bad" cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and blood sugar numbers by—get this—20 percent. That's nearly three times the benefit compared to percentage weight loss.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...
Losing as little as  10% of your total body weight can show significant health benefits. These benefits include decreased blood pressure, improved blood sugar levels, lower triglyceride levels, less joint pain, and increased levels of energy.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Exercise Harder to Eat Less
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
Should I Do Total-Body Exercises to Help Weight Loss?
What Type of Exercise Equipment Would Be Good for Weight Loss?
What Factors Have Contributed to Worldwide Obesity?