How can I lose fat other than just running?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Fat loss is an equation. Eat less, move more and you will drop fat. So the good news is, anything that helps you get moving so you are burning more calories than you are consuming (creating a calorie deficit) will help you lose fat! 
By creating a caloric deficit, the body will be forced to use stored body fat for energy, uncovering a leaner you. So focus on finding activities that you enjoy and that will keep you moving. If you would rather hike, bike, swim, row or lift weights, then do it! You don’t have to be a slave to the pavement and running shoes! 

Because body fat is simply stored calories, your goal should be to burn more calories than you consume which means you have a variety of exercises and activities available to help you get to your goals. Depending on how quickly you want to get to your goal and your fitness level will dictate what exercise selections you make. In terms of caloric burn, running is an ideal exercise, however swimming, jumping rope, biking exercises, and circuit training are all intense activities that will help you burn more calories. If fat loss is your primary concern remember to follow an appropriate meal plan based on your preferences and caloric needs as well as incorporate resistance training into your programming. Resistance training will help you burn calories while performing the activity, but will also help you burn more calories 24 hours per day as you develop lean body mass (muscle).

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

How is swimming helpful in overcoming weight issues?
Sarah Tittman , NASM Elite TrainerSarah Tittman , NASM Elite Trainer
The low-impact nature of swimming makes it an excellent choice of exercise for all individuals, incl...
Can playing video games help me lose weight?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
As an avid video game junkie myself I will say that one of the only times in life where I can go for...
How might exercise help me maintain my weight loss?
Sari GreavesSari Greaves
Based on a study carried out in animals, researchers found that animals that exercised after los...
How much cardio should I do to lose weight?
Kyle Stull , NASM ExpertKyle Stull , NASM Expert
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate inten...