Does working out before eating help me burn more fat?

Some research supports the idea that exercising in a fasted state induces your body to burn more fat (as a percentage of the total energy that you burn during the exercise) than you would if you had eaten. However, the difference is not huge, and many people have reported poor workouts when they are too hungry. It comes down to preference and capability. If you think your workout is going to suffer in quality and intensity if you haven’t eaten, have a small meal and a great workout. If your workouts quality stays high, even fasted, then you could give it a try, however studies also show that the little extra contribution from fat in a fasted state is coming from within the muscle, not your tummy, so add that into the equation.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

How to Bust Your Belly Fat
How to Bust Your Belly Fat
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
How to Bust Through a Weight-Loss Plateau
What Time of Day Will I Get the Most Effective Workout for Weight Loss?