How many calories will I burn in spin class?

An hour of spin class, due to its high level of intensity, will burn close to 775 calories per hour.

The amount of calories burned in a spin class can vary depending on how much effort you put into it and the levels of intensity during class. On average an individual can burn between 500 - 800 calories per hour. The amount of calories you burn can also vary based on your body weight. An individual who weighs more will burn more calories per hour than someone who has less body weight.

Depending on the intensity of the class, a 150 pound person can burn between 476 - 850 calories per hour participating in a spin class.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Buddy Up For Better Health
Buddy Up For Better Health
In an episode of the 90s sitcom News Radio, co-anchor Bill McNeal (Phil Hartman) wants to stop smoking, while news director Dave Nelson (Dave Foley) i...
What can I do if I'm too overweight to exercise?
Transformation Nation finalist Sheila Hayes says that although she grew up in a family of athlet...
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
They don't all require a trip to the gym.
Is Working Out In the Morning on an Empty Stomach the Best to Burn Fat?