What form guidelines should I follow when exercising?

Maintaining proper form is very important when exercising. Here are 3 form tips to keep in mind while resistance training.

1. Maintain core stability: Always make sure you keep your abdominals tight when you’re working with resistance. This will help you move the resistance smoothly, and minimize the risk of injury – especially in the lower back.
  2. Watch your breathing: Proper breathing makes it easier to move weight. Don’t hold your breath while you’re exercising. This can cause your blood pressure to rise, and even make you pass out. When you’re bringing the resistance back to it’s resting position, you should inhale. Conversely, when you’re working against the resistance to move it, you should slowly exhale.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

What's the Best Exercise for Weight Loss If I Only Have 5 Minutes?
A Fun Way to Lose Weight: Ride a Bike
A Fun Way to Lose Weight: Ride a Bike
How Beneficial Is Exercise with a Partner?
What Time of Day Will I Get the Most Effective Workout for Weight Loss?