Is exercise the final answer when it comes to losing weight?

You don't have to starve yourself to get a perfect, fat-free frame. In fact, you shouldn't. Because even if you lose weight through dieting alone, your body won't burn fat any easier. To rev up your fat-burning engines, focus less on how often you empty your plate and more on how often you fill your walking shoes.

When a group of sedentary and overweight older adults recently tested three weight loss systems -- exercise only (mostly walking), diet only and exercise plus diet -- there was no question about the results. When it came to fat burning, the walkers won hands down over those who simply watched what they ate. The bodies of the people who strutted their stuff used more fat to fuel their activity.

Just 30 minutes of daily walking gives you a host of health benefits besides extra fat burning, including more disease protection and stress reduction.
Take the RealAge Test!

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

How Beneficial Is Exercise with a Partner?
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do At Home to Help Me Lose Weight?
What's the Best Exercise for Weight Loss If I Only Have 5 Minutes?
Should I Do Total-Body Exercises to Help Weight Loss?