Should I do things beyond my gym workout to help burn calories?

Absolutely! The more active you are throughout the day, the more calories you will burn. Going to the gym to workout is great, but that doesn't mean you can sit around and do nothing for the rest of the day. Try to remain as active as possible. Any chance you can, get up and move. Walk to a co-workers desk to deliver a message rather than call or email her. Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible. Stand up and pace while on the phone. Walk your dog. Play with your children. Park at the far end of the parking lot so you have to walk further to get to the store.

Movement burns calories. The more you move over the course of your day, the more calories you will burn.

Yes! Most people overestimate the contribution of their exercise session in a gym to their 24-hour calorie burn. Realistically, most people only have 1-2 hours a day to devote to exercise. However, almost everyone can find a way to increase their calorie burn for the 10-12 hours they are awake and not at the gym. Following this advice could yield an additional 200-400 calories burned. Added to your workout that can have an enormous impact on your body.
Woman Practicing Yoga Positions

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

How Can Exercise Help Me Avoid Hitting a Weight-Loss Plateau?
How Can Social Networking Help Me Stay Motivated to Exercise?
How Long Do I Have to Exercise to Burn Off Certain Foods?
How Can I Exercise to Lose Weight If I Have Foot Problems?