As a Sharecare Transformer, what exercise strategy helped you lose weight?

It's really the same strategy that I use with my diet. Make small changes. I started slowly - 20 minutes at a slow pace on the treadmill and built up the time and speed. That helped me adjust to being active without overwhelming or causing injury. It also helps to do something you love (or at least don't hate!) to keep you coming back for more. I started with walking on the treadmill and have progressed to running and biking. 

A committed schedule is what helps me. Every Monday and Thursday my mom, son and I meet with my personal trainer at the exact same time (we work different body parts to ensure variety) followed by 30 minutes of cardio (bike or elliptical). Every Wednesday and Saturday my mom, son, and I do a 1 hour weighted cardio circuit class. Every Friday I'm in spin class. Every Sunday afternoon my family and friends and I have a 4-mile walk. Then 4 times a week I sprinkle in my training runs during lunch breaks and the crack of dawn on either Saturday or Sunday. I'm able to get some runs in with my husband and friend. Sounds like a lot - it is. But it's easy for me to commit to it because I can work my schedule around all that. My family does it with me so I am not foregoing family time. Some say the exact same things and the same times each week cause a rut - but it works for me.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Keep Weight off with This Kid Pastime
Keep Weight off with This Kid Pastime
Many of us haven't done it since our skinned-knee playground days. But research shows it may help keep you slim. Hint: It involves two wheels. We're ...
Can plyometric training help me lose weight?
Margaret Scherrer Margaret Scherrer
Plyometrics also known as "jump training" is one of the highest calorie burns you can get when done ...
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
Trainer Donovan Green shares his secrets for calorie-burning success.
How to Bust Your Belly Fat
How to Bust Your Belly Fat