Why does my body feel so out of balance from holding my kids so much?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Often parents favor one side (arm, shoulder, hip) when holding their little ones, and have a tendency to compromise their posture when doing so. It is important to strengthen and support your body equally to decrease your risk of injury. One way to do this is to focus on holding your children from the inside out. Engage your core and try to level your body before picking up or holding your children. Soften your knees and try to shift your weight side to side to balance the load. Also try to switch sides, when possible.

Continue Learning about Exercise & Muscles

What are strengthening exercises for ulnar hand (claw hand)?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Ulnar hand (claw hand) develops due to a weakness of the deep muscles of your hand. To improve t...
What can I do if carrying my kids has put my body out of alignment?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
This is a common issue and something we see a lot in our studios. At barre3 we focus on balance ...
What Types of Exercise Will Help Me Build Long, Lean Muscle?
Use a Foam Roller to Stretch Knotted Sore Muscles