Why does my body feel so out of balance from holding my kids so much?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Often parents favor one side (arm, shoulder, hip) when holding their little ones, and have a tendency to compromise their posture when doing so. It is important to strengthen and support your body equally to decrease your risk of injury. One way to do this is to focus on holding your children from the inside out. Engage your core and try to level your body before picking up or holding your children. Soften your knees and try to shift your weight side to side to balance the load. Also try to switch sides, when possible.

Continue Learning about Exercise & Muscles

How can the trapezius-strengthening exercise ease shoulder pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The trapezius-strengthening exercise targets key muscles that help move and stabilize the scapula (s...
If my IT-band is tight, what is the best way to stretch it?
A tight IT or iliotibial band can cause pain and bursitis in the hip joint. One technique for stretc...
Use a Foam Roller to Stretch Knotted Sore Muscles
What Types of Exercise Will Help Me Build Long, Lean Muscle?