What can I do if carrying my kids has put my body out of alignment?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
This is a common issue and something we see a lot in our studios. At barre3 we focus on balance and alignment in the body. The muscle groups we work develop and strengthen the entire body, helping to realign our imbalances. You can take that idea of balance into your daily life by noticing these common tendencies:
  • slouching shoulders or arching the back
  • leaning to one side and constantly putting all your weight on the same leg
  • letting your core fall forward and tug the low back forward
Once you notice your patterns of imbalance, you can start to make a conscious choice to balance your posture. A little bit of attention to your body can go a long way!

Continue Learning about Exercise & Muscles

If my IT-band is tight, what is the best way to stretch it?
A tight IT or iliotibial band can cause pain and bursitis in the hip joint. One technique for stretc...
Why is stretching important to muscle health?
Mike Allard , NASM Elite TrainerMike Allard , NASM Elite Trainer
Stretching is extremely important to muscle health. Unfortunately, too many people neglect it. Think...
Use a Foam Roller to Stretch Knotted Sore Muscles
What Types of Exercise Will Help Me Build Long, Lean Muscle?