Will the cardio/strength programs make me faster on the bike?

While circuit training may be more interesting and fun for some athletes, there is little translation to on-the-bike strength. I define circuit training as any program that engages full body exercise regiments with moderate to high repetitions per set and little recovery between sets. The heart rate stays up, the sweat keeps flowing, and you are “feeling the burn!” That’s all fine and dandy for staying fit and burning calories, but it won’t really translate to a higher watts per kilogram at lactate threshold on the bike (i.e. going faster).

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance

How do I build up endurance?
There are many ways to improve endurance including adding intensity or duration to your workouts. Bu...
Will boot camp style classes help improve my cardiorespiratory endurance?
Assuming that your boot camp style classes are organized in a fashion similar to circuit training, y...
How can my posture affect my cardiovascular endurance?
Improper posture while performing cardio training can lead to injury due to over activity and intera...
Will sprinting increase my cardiovascular endurance?
Yes, sprinting can improve your cardiovascular endurance but may not be the ideal choice, especially...