Will the cardio/strength programs make me faster on the bike?

While circuit training may be more interesting and fun for some athletes, there is little translation to on-the-bike strength. I define circuit training as any program that engages full body exercise regiments with moderate to high repetitions per set and little recovery between sets. The heart rate stays up, the sweat keeps flowing, and you are “feeling the burn!” That’s all fine and dandy for staying fit and burning calories, but it won’t really translate to a higher watts per kilogram at lactate threshold on the bike (i.e. going faster).

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance

How do I improve endurance?
It depends on whether you are training for cardio or muscular endurance. Cardio endurance involv...
How can I improve my cardiovascular endurance?
Improvements come with practice! Try to perform at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity most day...
Is there a way that I can do resistance training to increase my cardio?
Phil Holbrook , NASM Elite TrainerPhil Holbrook , NASM Elite Trainer
The best way to incorporate and increase cardio strength during resistant training is utilize a hear...
What is endurance training?
JC Pinzon JC Pinzon
Endurance training can be cardiovascular or strength training. Cardiovascular training involves exer...