Will the cardio/strength programs make me faster on the bike?

While circuit training may be more interesting and fun for some athletes, there is little translation to on-the-bike strength. I define circuit training as any program that engages full body exercise regiments with moderate to high repetitions per set and little recovery between sets. The heart rate stays up, the sweat keeps flowing, and you are “feeling the burn!” That’s all fine and dandy for staying fit and burning calories, but it won’t really translate to a higher watts per kilogram at lactate threshold on the bike (i.e. going faster).

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance