Is it better to use more reps to increase my cardiovascular endurance?

Cardiovascular endurance is best improved by performing continuous cardio exercise for an extended period of time, such as walking, jogging, biking and swimming. However, if you're planning on using resistance training as a means to improve cardiorespiratory endurance, it is best to utilize light weights, high repetitions (12+) and short rest periods. Circuit training is a good form of resistance training is to help improve cardiovascular endurance. Circuit training is a form of resistance training in which a series of exercises are performed with minimal rest between each exercise.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance

What are the general health recommendations for cardio training?
If your goal is to accomplish and maintain general health (reduce the risk of heart disease, diabete...
How can my posture affect my cardiovascular endurance?
Improper posture while performing cardio training can lead to injury due to over activity and intera...
Can weight training be used as a substitute for cardio training?
If you perform your weight training in a circuit style manner, then it can have equal benefits as lo...
How can I improve my heart health by exercising?
Jennifer H. Haythe, MDJennifer H. Haythe, MD
To improve your heart health with exercise, the current guidelines recommend moderately vigorous exe...