Can aerobic exercises improve cardio respiratory endurance?

Yes! Regular aerobic exercise increases the strength of the heart to pump blood, improves capillary density in muscles and organs and increase the pliability of the blood vessels to move blood. All of this combines to improve VO2 max or the maximal amount of oxygen the body can use during exercise. Other improvements include an improvement in the rate at which your body can remove lactic acid, the chemical that gives you a burning sensation in your muscles and lungs, and improved lung capacity. All of this combines to allow you go aerobic exercise for longer period of time at a higher intensity.

Yes, any aerobic exercises will initially improve your cardio respiratory endurance and calories consumption. However once your body adapts to your aerobic exercises energy and cardio demands, your energy needs will return to more normal consumption, resulting in fewer calories consumed. Your cardio endurance will plateau and maintain at that level, with little increase.

You need to place changing demands on your body cardio respiratory system in order to keep burning calories at a higher rate and to improve your cardio endurance. You can achieve higher calories consumption and increase cardio endurance by working safely through cardio respiratory training zones 1 and 2 and into zone 3. Challenging you zone 2-3 cardio threshold 1 to 2 times per week will increase your cardio endurance and metabolism.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance

Where should my heart rate be when I do cardio training?
Your fitness level will dictate where your heart rate should be during cardio training. Depending on...
Is it better to use more reps to increase my cardiovascular endurance?
Cardiovascular endurance is best improved by performing continuous cardio exercise for an extended p...
How can I increase my stamina for workouts?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
   Getting plenty of sleep at night (at least 8-10 hours a night). Making healthy eating choices is ...
Can weight training be used as a substitute for cardio training?
If you perform your weight training in a circuit style manner, then it can have equal benefits as lo...