What is the best way to do squats while pregnant?

With feet shoulder width apart and toes pointed forward or slightly out, clasp a very sturdy banister or rail at about chest height. Using your arms to support some of your weight, squat down as low as feels comfortable to your lower back and knees. At your lowest comfortable position, hold for up to 5 seconds and come back up. Keep your focus forward. Try to work toward 20 repetitions. Do this 2 to 3 times a week and not on consecutive days. At the lowest spot you can also incorporate your Keigels.
This exercise is particularly useful if you plan on using a squatting position for end stages of labor or for delivery. It will help you gain the flexibility necessary to reach this position and the strength and muscular endurance needed to maintain it.

Continue Learning about Exercise During Pregnancy

How can I exercise safely during pregnancy?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
There are so many great exercise options that you can do at home while you are pregnant. Leg and glu...
How can I safely work my core muscles while I'm pregnant?
Derak Glover, NASM Elite TrainerDerak Glover, NASM Elite Trainer
Before attempting any exercise during pregnancy follow the advice of your physician. Here is a low i...
Can I perform abdominal exercises throughout my pregnancy?
Yes, it is safe and can be very beneficial to perform abdominal exercises throughout pregnancy.  Mai...
Why Are Kegel Exercises Useful While Pregnant?