How does exercise affect bone health in men?

According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, one in five men over 50 years old will experience osteoporotic fractures. Exercise can help slim those odds.

Men who participate in athletics in their late teens experience bone-building benefits that last for years and may reduce the risk of fractures by up to 50%. By actively training an average of about nine hours per week, 63 healthy young athletes experienced a lifetime of strong bone health and reduced risk of fractures. This eight-year study analyzed athletes, with a mean age of 17 years, who engaged in soccer, long-distance running, weight training, and other activities, which all contributed to sustained bone health.

Continue Learning about Exercise & Bone Strength

How Can I Strengthen My Back?
How Can I Strengthen My Back?