Who should avoid taking Exelon?

People with a urinary tract blockage who have difficulty urinating, may want to avoid taking Exelon because it may worsen those symptoms. People suffering from a heart or respiratory condition should avoid Exelon. Those with low body weight (below 110 pounds) should make sure that the prescribing doctor knows, because of increased risk for side effects.

Continue Learning about Exelon

Are there any risks in taking Exelon (rivastigmine)?
Steven A. Meyers, MDSteven A. Meyers, MD
Exelon is generally safe and well tolerated. The most common side effects involve the GI tract. Naus...
What is Exelon?
Exelon is the brand name for the active ingredient rivastigmine. It is a central nervous system (CNS...
What should I know about the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine) before using it?
Before you use the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine), you should know that you cannot apply the patch to t...
What should I do if an Exelon patch falls off?
The Exelon patch should stick well if it is applied properly. In the unlikely event that a patch bec...