Should I take Exelon if I am pregnant or nursing?

It is not expected that Exelon would cause harm to a developing fetus. Contact your doctor if you are planning on becoming pregnant, but want to take Exelon. You should also talk to your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Exelon. For nursing mothers, it is still not known whether the rivastigmine in the Exelon can pass through breast milk to a nursing infant. It is not recommended that you breastfeed while taking this medication.

Continue Learning about Exelon

What if I forget to replace an Exelon patch?
The Exelon patch is designed to be replaced once a day. If you forget to apply a new patch at the us...
How should I store the Exelon patch?
Keep the Exelon patch in its sealed pouch until you are ready to apply it. Store this medicine at ro...
What is Exelon?
Exelon is the brand name for the active ingredient rivastigmine. It is a central nervous system (CNS...
What should I avoid while taking Exelon?
Since Exelon may alter your thinking and reaction time, avoid participating in any potentially dange...