What should I know about the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine) before using it?

Before you use the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine), you should know that you cannot apply the patch to the same area every day. The same application site should not be repeated for at least two weeks. You should replace the patch every day and should not wear more than one patch at a time. Also, the patch should not be applied to broken skin or oily skin or a lot of hair. You should not apply direct heat to the area where the patch is located while using the patch. Usage of this medication can cause drowsiness, and so you should use caution while driving until you know its effect on you.

Continue Learning about Exelon

What happens if I miss a dose of Exelon?
If you miss a dose of Exelon, take it immediately when you remember it. Do not take the missed dose ...
What are the side effects of the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine)?
Some severe side effects of the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine) include allergic reactions such as swell...
What should I avoid while taking Exelon?
Since Exelon may alter your thinking and reaction time, avoid participating in any potentially dange...
What is an Exelon Patch (rivastigmine)?
The Exelon Patch (rivastigmine) is a prescription patch that is used to help treat mild to moderate ...