Does the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine) interact with medications and food?

Medications that interact with the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine) include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, cholinergic agents, acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, and anticholinergics. These medications can interact, and a dosage change may be necessary in order to prevent adverse reactions. Alcohol can also interact with the Exelon Patch and cause drowsiness.

Continue Learning about Exelon

How soon after taking Exelon will my symptoms improve?
Everyone responds to medication differently, and the same is true for Exelon. Your doctor will proba...
What if I forget to replace an Exelon patch?
The Exelon patch is designed to be replaced once a day. If you forget to apply a new patch at the us...
What is Exelon?
Exelon is the brand name for the active ingredient rivastigmine. It is a central nervous system (CNS...
Should I take Exelon if I am pregnant or nursing?
It is not expected that Exelon would cause harm to a developing fetus. Contact your doctor if you ar...