What is an easy exercise I can do at my desk to improve my mood?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Sitting at a desk all day and staring into the screen can zap you of your energy and drain your mood. To get out of your rut, all you have to do is get back on your feet! Yes, it is as simple as taking a few moments to stand tall, stretch your arms, and wiggle your toes and fingers. A boost in circulation will deliver much needed oxygen-rich blood to your cells. You will feel an instant surge in your mood and energy level. Smile while you stand! A smile will trigger the release of serotonin, the feel-good brain chemical that will instantly perk up your mood.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

Turn Housework Into a Workout!
Turn Housework Into a Workout!
Does your home look like a wrapping paper store exploded nearby? Turn the chaos into calorie burning! Cleaning your house might not be your idea of fu...
What are some easy ways to burn 100 calories?
100 calories is not a lot consider you probably burn at least 1500 calories just lounging around the...
How can I exercise during summer?
The summer is a great reason to get in shape. However, when the weather gets warm, you need to b...
Why College Students Should Hang Up Their Cell Phones