What is an easy exercise I can do at my desk to improve my mood?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Sitting at a desk all day and staring into the screen can zap you of your energy and drain your mood. To get out of your rut, all you have to do is get back on your feet! Yes, it is as simple as taking a few moments to stand tall, stretch your arms, and wiggle your toes and fingers. A boost in circulation will deliver much needed oxygen-rich blood to your cells. You will feel an instant surge in your mood and energy level. Smile while you stand! A smile will trigger the release of serotonin, the feel-good brain chemical that will instantly perk up your mood.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

Little Ways to Get Fit
Little Ways to Get Fit
You don't have to be a gym rat to get fit. Sometimes, all you have to do is mess around in the garden. Or putz around the yard. Or simply walk to the ...
What are some easy ways to stay fit?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
If you had to pick one area where most people fall down in maintaining their health, it's staying wi...
What are some suggestions for a person who really dislikes exercise?
David BuerDavid Buer
Though you may not enjoy working out, it's vital to your overall health to incorporate exercise into...
How Fequently Should I Stretch My Calves?