How can I do yoga stretches at the office?

Working at the office requires long periods of sitting, typing, and talking on the telephone. These postures can lead low-back and neck pain, among many other musculoskeletal dysfunctions. Take several short breaks each day to stretch your limbs and torso and increase circulation. Some common yoga stretches that can be performed include cat/camel, lunge, and torso twist. In addition, try to add additional movement throughout your day such as pacing while on the phone, walking to co-worker’s offices rather than sending an email, and take a walk at lunch time.

Go in the bathroom and do them so no can see you having fun there. Or, grab two of your friends and do them together with them in the hallway even in the elevator lobby. If worst comes to worst get in the elevator and do a yoga pose as it goes amongst the floors; if someone gets in the elevator while you are doing the pose, what their expression. If she joins you in doing the pose, propose immediately.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

The Most Important Part of Your Fitness Program
Photo Credit: Ian Sanderson, via Flickr Creative Commons The human body is an extraordinary machine, able to withstand tremendous amounts of physical...
How can I move more during the day?
Alice Benjamin, RNAlice Benjamin, RN
To move more during the day, you should choose a type of exercise that you are actually going to do!...
What daily exercise can help me get in touch with my energetic flow?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
When you first wake up, right before you get out of bed, take your hands and place them in a prayer ...
How many steps should I take a day?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
If you are using a pedometer or step counter to track how much you move throughout the day, you migh...