How can I keep myself physically active despite a busy schedule?

Even with a busy schedule you can still keep physically active by finding ways to add physical activity into your daily routine. When you go to work, park as far away from the office as you can to force yourself to walk for several minutes to get to the office and several minutes on the way home or walk to lunch if you can. Try and take a walk at home with your family, friends, or a pet. When you run errands park further away to force you to walk more. Take stairs instead of elevators and escalators, while at work walk to go see colleagues instead of emailing or calling them.  Do chores around your house; wash your car yourself instead of taking it to the car wash. If you put enough of these small activities together over the course of a week it will add up to enough activity to keep you healthy until your schedule can change. 

How to make time to exercise. If your life is busy then walking is a great exercise solution.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

How Working Around the House Can Be a Workout
Want to get enough exercise to help manage your cholesterol levels, but can't seem to fit a trip to the gym into your day? Here's good news: You don't...
The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
Newton’s first law of motion is also sometimes called the law of inertia. Briefly, an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in mo...
The Most Important Part of Your Fitness Program
Photo Credit: Ian Sanderson, via Flickr Creative Commons The human body is an extraordinary machine, able to withstand tremendous amounts of physical...
How fequently should I stretch my calves?
Stretch your calves before and after each workout, and as often as feels good throughout the day if ...