How can I use a kitchen chair to work out?

A kitchen chair has endless possibilities; try using some of the exercises below; be sure the chair is sturdy and able to hold your body weight. Also, be sure that the chair will be up against a wall for some exercises: 

• Chair Squat – Stand in front of your chair with your heels towards the chair. Next, bend at your hips and knees as if you were to sit in the chair. The only difference be sure to keep your back flat and do not let it round forward. Continue to lower yourself until your glutes tap the chair. Once this occurs, press upward through your heels and return to start.
  • Chair Push-up – Place your chair against the wall to make sure it will stay in place. Next, place your hand on the cushion part of the chair or the back rest; this will depend on your current fitness level. Slowly lower your mid-chest to the chair and be sure to keep your hips lined up with your body. Next, exhale and return to the start.
  • Chair Step-up – This exercise will be quite challenging! Place on foot on your chair; lift your body off the ground and step-up onto the chair. Slowly return to start. Complete 8-12 per leg.

These are only some of many. I would be glad to offer more, just let me know!

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

Do Morning and Evening Workouts Provide Different Benefits?
When the Pawtucket Red Socks and the Rochester Red Wings took the field at 8:25 p.m. on April 18, 1981, they had no idea that they’d still be trying t...
How Can I Keep Myself Physically Active Despite a Busy Schedule?
Ride the Bus to Get Fit
Ride the Bus to Get Fit
How Can You Work Exercise Into Your Daily Routine?