How can I be more active at home?

JJ Virgin
Health Education
Try an at-home workout that works for you. That might mean a yoga DVD or body-weight exercises. My favorite workout combines burst training and weight resistance, which you can do with minimal equipment in 20 minutes or less per workout.
To be more active at home, don't collapse on the couch or in front of the TV for long periods. Make it a point to not sit for more than 30 minutes at a time by standing or walking around the house. There are always household chores or exercises you could do. Find things you like to do that keep you moving. Get 15 minutes in whenever you can.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

Turn Housework Into a Workout!
Turn Housework Into a Workout!
Does your home look like a wrapping paper store exploded nearby? Turn the chaos into calorie burning! Cleaning your house might not be your idea of fu...
What is a basic, easy-to-use weekly workout schedule?
Probably, the simplest and a commonly used workout schedule is to divide the body into upper body an...
What kind of exercises could I do while at my desk?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Isometric exercises and stretching exercises are great ways to stay active while you are seated at a...
How Fequently Should I Stretch My Calves?