How can I help my family become more active?

Fitness as a family has many benefits.  By showing your family that you are living a healthy lifestyle it will be seen and incorporated into theirs.  However, don't only set an example, find activities that everyone likes.  If only a couple people are joining, then a bike ride, walk, frisbee or just some time at the park work well.  If the weather is not so great you can go indoors and swim, play racquetball, volleyball, basketball, rock wall climbing or trampoline park.  When you have more people, bigger games are fun like kickball or soccer.  You can just use your own rules if you like!

The best way to keep family active is to make it fun. Good times with good people.  The options are endless and span from free to expensive, home or travel, all depending on what you are up for.  Learn something new.  Start up something you haven't done in a long time.  Never be afraid to start new habits and some great family time.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
Newton’s first law of motion is also sometimes called the law of inertia. Briefly, an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in mo...
How Can You Work Exercise Into Your Daily Routine?
Ride the Bus to Get Fit
Ride the Bus to Get Fit
Stand Up, Lose Belly Fat
Stand Up, Lose Belly Fat