What kind of exercises could I do while at my desk?

Swap your chair for a stability ball once a week, keep some resistance bands in your desk drawer and pull them out on your break/ work different body parts each day.

Here are a few unique exercises to do at your desk throughout the day to increase your activity levels. Depending on your workspace you may be able to implement all or only some of these but remember that every little bit counts.

Seated Exercises
Abdominal Draw-In:
Sit up tall with your back off your chair. Suck your belly-button in towards your spine about 1" and hold for 3-5 seconds. Repeat for 20 reps. This exercise targets your lower abs.

Seated Marching:
Sit up tall in on the edge of your chair and lift up each foot from the floor as if you are marching in place.

Seated Isometric Bicep Curls:
Sit in your chair and place your forearms under your deck with elbows bent 90 degrees. Try and perform a bicep curl against the resistance of you desk. You arms won't move but puching against a solid object will get your muscles to work in what is termed an isometric contraction. Hold for 5-10 seconds and repeat 15 times.

Standing Exercises
Chair Squats:
Stand with yor feet shouder width apart in front of your chair as if you are going to sit down in it. Bend you knees as and begin to sit down as if sitting into the chair. Right before you touch the seat, 1 - 2 inches above, stop and stand back up. Perform 15 reps.

Balance and Shift:
A great exercise to do when talking on the phone at your desk. Stand on one leg for 5 seconds and then shift all your weight to the other leg and balance for 5 seconds.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

One Thing You Can Do Today to Have a Second Chance at Health
Whether you’re talking fantasy or reality, do-overs don’t usually happen, but nothing could be further from the truth when it comes to past health mis...
Stand Up, Lose Belly Fat
Stand Up, Lose Belly Fat
How Do I Get a Good Workout While Doing Household Chores?
How Fequently Should I Stretch My Calves?