Will super slow training make me stronger?

Yes. Super slow training can make you stronger.In two research studies that have been conducted on super slow training, both demonstrated that super slow training can improve strength in sedentary individuals.While super slow training has shown to improve strength in sedentary individuals,more research needs to be conducted to determine its benefits for the more experienced exerciser. To optimize strength development from your resistance training program, you should utilize a variety of different sets, repetitions, loads, speeds of movement, and exercises to constantly challenge your body and push it to new heights.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

When should I progress in my exercise program?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
One thing that most fitness professionals understand better than anyone else is how and when to prog...
What causes muscular imbalances?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
Muscular Imbalances can be caused by improper seated or standing postures.  If you are constantly si...
How can I track my progress with my exercise program?
These days, there are numerous ways to count steps (or mileage or calories), and that’s through high...
What is the National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP)?
Michael Bergeron, PhDMichael Bergeron, PhD
The National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP) is a group of scientists and heal...