Where can I get skin fold measurements taken?

Many personal trainers are skilled in taking skin fold measurements.  Ask the fitness manager at your local fitness facility, or search online for an independent “at-home” trainer.  If you have repeated measurements taken throughout a training program, it is best to have the same person perform each measurement to maintain accuracy.

Contact a local fitness professional to have the measurements taken and make sure to have the same person take them throughout the course of your fitness program.  This will give you the greatest level of consistency and accuracy.

You can find a fitness professional at your local fitness facility, and you may want to check online for one in your area, one of us here are sharcare may even be operating in your area and we would love to have you come in for a pinch.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How can I track my progress with my exercise program?
These days, there are numerous ways to count steps (or mileage or calories), and that’s through high...
What does the curl up test measure?
The “curl up” is also known as a crunch. This test measures abdominal strength and endurance. This t...
Will super slow training make me stronger?
Yes. Super slow training can make you stronger.In two research studies that have been conducted on s...
What tests are used to assess upper body agility and stabilization?
The Davies test measures agility and stabilization in the upper extremities. This test involves ...