Where is bioelectrical impedance (BEI) measured?

BEI can be measured at various parts of the body.  The person having the measurement performed either needs to be in contact with the metal portion of an instrument, or have electrodes placed on their body.  Common locations include stepping on a metal scale with bare feet, squeezing a hand-held device, or placing electrodes on the hand and foot.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What does the push up test measure?
The push up test measures upper body endurance, as opposed to a one rep maximum bench press test...
How do I self monitor my exercise?
Self monitoring exercise is being aware of all the impacts of exercise physically and psychologi...
What is a cycling spin-scan analysis?
Thayne MunceThayne Munce
A cycling spin-scan analysis allows cyclists and triathletes to optimize their pedal stroke with the...
What is a sport-specific nutrition assessment?
Mr. Rich Kevan, CPTMr. Rich Kevan, CPT
It is a sports specific nutrition test and consultation to show an athlete the specific energy requi...