Where can I do a hydrostatic weighing test?

Because of the cost and space necessary, this might be hard to come by.  Many universities and athletic organizations utilize them, but they may not be available for commercial use.  It never hurts to ask though!

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...
When should I progress in my exercise program?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
One thing that most fitness professionals understand better than anyone else is how and when to prog...
How can lactate testing be helpful when designing an exercise program?
Lactate threshold is basically synonymous with anaerobic threshold, so if you have an athlete you’re...
How can athletes be evaluated during exercise in the heat?
Michael Bergeron, PhDMichael Bergeron, PhD
A sweat fluid and electrolyte losses and physiological strain in the heat assessment evaluates an at...