When should I do plyometric exercises?

To get the most out of your plyometric exercises, you should perform them toward the beginning of a workout after a thorough and comprehensive warm-up, but before your resistance training exercises.A comprehensive warm-up should include foam-rolling, dynamic stretching, core training, and balance training. Foam rolling increases muscle temperature and blood flow, while decreasing tension, allowing the muscles to lengthen and shorten more effectively when you exercise.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How can I assess my activity level?
Jay Morgan, NASM Elite TrainerJay Morgan, NASM Elite Trainer
The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of moderate activity or 75 minutes of vigorous...
What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...
What tests are used to assess upper body agility and stabilization?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
The Davies test is used to assess upper body agility and stabilization. To peform the Davies Test, p...
When should I progress in my exercise program?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
One thing that most fitness professionals understand better than anyone else is how and when to prog...