What is a sport-specific nutrition assessment?

It is a sports specific nutrition test and consultation to show an athlete the specific energy requirements of their sport. For example a marathon runner will have a higher carb need and lower protein training for a race, while a body builder will have a higher protein requirement and lower carb need while training for an event. An actual assessment will go much more in depth and be based on the individual athlete’s metabolic rate and other factors.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How should I measure my waistline?
Instead of watching the scale -- a habit that has sent many successful losers plummeting to diet...
What is the "talk test” and is it accurate to measure exercise intensity?
The biggest problem with individuals and cardiovascular training is how to determine the intensi...
Why should I track my exercise progress?
Tracking your progress can be a useful way to keep you motivated when you start an exercise program....
What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...