What are skinfold measurements?

Skinfold measurements measure the thickness of skin and relate how much body fat a person is holding in their body based on how thick their skin fold measurements are.  There are several sites to measure skinfold fitness and several formulas to use based on those measurements which will give you an accurate estimation of body fat levels.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

Is BMI a good way to track muscle mass?
Unfortunately, BMI (body mass index) is not a very good indication of fat mass or muscle mass. B...
How can I make best use of EPOC (Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption)?
Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption is the period of time after exercise where your body is stil...
When should I do plyometric exercises?
To get the most out of your plyometric exercises, you should perform them toward the beginning of a ...
What is oxygen uptake?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
The ability to use oxygen is commonly referred to as "oxygen uptake," or sometimes as "oxygen tr...