What are skinfold measurements?

Skinfold measurements measure the thickness of skin and relate how much body fat a person is holding in their body based on how thick their skin fold measurements are.  There are several sites to measure skinfold fitness and several formulas to use based on those measurements which will give you an accurate estimation of body fat levels.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What's the best way to measure my fitness progress?
One of the best ways to measure fitness progress is how you feel. After a week or so of exercise are...
How can I measure the intensity of my exercise?
To measure the intensity of your exercise you should measure your heart rate. Aerobic exercise can b...
How can lactate testing be helpful when designing an exercise program?
Lactate threshold is basically synonymous with anaerobic threshold, so if you have an athlete you’re...
What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...