What does the sit and reach test measure?

The sit and reach test is a flexibility test that measures flexibility of the hamstrings, hip, and lower back.
The sit and reach test measures flexibility primarily through the hamstrings (back of the thighs) and the lower back, also known as your trunk flexibility.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What is heat tolerance testing?
Michael Bergeron, PhDMichael Bergeron, PhD
Heat tolerance testing evaluates an athlete’s current tolerance to exercising in the heat. Athletes ...
What causes muscular imbalances?
Heather Campbell, NASM Elite TrainerHeather Campbell, NASM Elite Trainer
Muscular imbalances are often caused by a lifestyle with little physical activity. On the flip side,...
Will super slow training make me stronger?
Yes. Super slow training can make you stronger.In two research studies that have been conducted on s...
Why should I track my exercise progress?
Tracking your progress can be a useful way to keep you motivated when you start an exercise program....