What should be my functional capacity to exercise?

Your functional capacity to exercise can come from your aerobic capacity which is measured in VO2max. This is a measure of the maximum amount of oxygen the body can use during a specified period or intense exercise. The average VO2max for a male  20-29 is 38-43 ml/kg/min whereas an endurance athlete will see a value >75 ml/kg/min. If you have no medical problems your value should fall somewhere in between.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What is an athlete field evaluation?
Thayne MunceThayne Munce
In an athlete field evauation, one or more athletes are evaluated during training, practice, or comp...
How do I determine my fitness level?
JC Pinzon JC Pinzon
Fitness has different components. You can start by checking your body fat percentage and compare it ...
What is a sport-specific nutrition assessment?
Mr. Rich Kevan, CPTMr. Rich Kevan, CPT
It is a sports specific nutrition test and consultation to show an athlete the specific energy requi...
What should I do if I have a pear body type?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
If you have a pear-shaped body, you may not like your hips. However, you can be thankful because it ...