What is the National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP)?

Michael Bergeron, PhD
Sports Medicine
The National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP) is a group of scientists and health professionals who conduct research, assess athletes, provide current educational information, and develop guidelines and policies for safe and appropriate exercise, training, and sports participation.

The NIAHP, which opened in fall of 2008, is located at Sanford USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What should I do if I have a pear body type?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
If you have a pear-shaped body, you may not like your hips. However, you can be thankful because it ...
What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...
Will super slow training make me stronger?
Yes. Super slow training can make you stronger.In two research studies that have been conducted on s...
How can I assess my activity level?
If you don’t raise your heart rate  or breathing for a combined 30 minutes, five to seven days per w...