What is the Bod Pod?

The Bod Pod measures body composition through a method called air displacement plethysmography.  This is an egg shaped machine that the participant gets inside.  Similar to how hydrostatic weighing works, the Bod Pod estimates body fat percentage based on the participants weight and volume.    

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How do I determine my fitness level?
There are three exercise factors that reveal a lot about a person's risk of death and disability -- ...
Why is waist-hip ratio important?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
A study found that waist-to-hip ratio is a better predictor of heart-related events and death in peo...
What is oxygen uptake?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
The ability to use oxygen is commonly referred to as "oxygen uptake," or sometimes as "oxygen tr...
How do I self monitor my exercise?
Self monitoring exercise is being aware of all the impacts of exercise physically and psychologi...