What does the Bod Pod measure?

The Bod Pod measures weight and volume in order to estimate fat mass and fat free mass.  Additionally, the Bod Pod measures resting metabolic rate and total energy expenditure. 

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What is a cycling spin-scan analysis?
Thayne MunceThayne Munce
A cycling spin-scan analysis allows cyclists and triathletes to optimize their pedal stroke with the...
How does talking help determine the intensity of exercise?
Joan PaganoJoan Pagano
The "talk test" is a timeless and easy way to guage the intensity of cardio exercise, based on your ...
How can I track my progress with my exercise program?
These days, there are numerous ways to count steps (or mileage or calories), and that’s through high...
How is fitness measured in the lab?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Fitness is generally measured in the lab as maximum oxygen uptake, or VO2 max. This is a measure of ...