What is a cycling spin-scan analysis?

Thayne Munce
Sports Medicine
A cycling spin-scan analysis allows cyclists and triathletes to optimize their pedal stroke with the use of a comprehensive computerized analysis. The spin-scan evaluation calculates bilateral cycling efficiency of the leg musculature, as well as left versus right power split and average torque angle. The individualized analysis also includes instantaneous, average, and peak power output; revolutions per minute; and speed.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What tests are used to assess upper body agility and stabilization?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
The Davies test is used to assess upper body agility and stabilization. To peform the Davies Test, p...
How can I measure the intensity of my exercise?
To measure the intensity of your exercise you should measure your heart rate. Aerobic exercise can b...
How can I assess my activity level?
Jay Morgan, NASM Elite TrainerJay Morgan, NASM Elite Trainer
The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of moderate activity or 75 minutes of vigorous...
How can I assess my strength?
JC Pinzon JC Pinzon
Most strength tests are relevant to the sport or function. There are many strength tests for differe...