What tests are used to assess lower body agility and control?

The Shark Skill test measures agility and neuromuscular control in the lower extremities. Start by making a grid of squares three rows by three columns. You can use tape to mark this area on the ground, large enough for your foot to fit inside each square. Number each square cross ways 1, 2, 3, then 4, 5, 6, then 7, 8, 9, and then stand in square number five. Create a designated pattern, such as hopping to each number in order but going back to five in between each. Time yourself performing the pattern, hopping on one foot, with your hands on your hips. Repeat on the other foot. Add 0.10 seconds for each of the following: other leg touches the ground, hands fall off hips, foot goes in wrong square, foot does not come back to center square. Reassess every couple weeks/months to measure improvements.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How can I assess my activity level?
Jay Morgan, NASM Elite TrainerJay Morgan, NASM Elite Trainer
The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of moderate activity or 75 minutes of vigorous...
I joined a gym to lose weight, but I am gaining weight. Is it muscle?
If you are new to training, you might be overestimating your expenditure. For example, if you’re...
How can I measure the intensity of my exercise?
To measure the intensity of your exercise you should measure your heart rate. Aerobic exercise can b...
What is VO2 max?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
VO2max is the maximal oxygen consumption or uptake. It's the most relevant measure of the cardioresp...