Is speed something that can be improved?

Yes, speed can be improved with practice. This requires training for strength, power, and even flexibility to assure the body is working at peak efficiency.
While we are limited genetically as to how much we can increase our speed there are ways to fine tune our running mechanics to maximize our potential. Specific front and trail arm angles are important along with ankle, knee and hip mechanics. The correct forward lean along with the flexibility to execute proper technique are all ways to increase our speed and efficiency. Contact a sharecare professional for more info on the specifics of improving your speed.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How can I assess my strength?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
First of all it is very important that when you are assessing strength you have someone with you. If...
How do I self monitor my exercise?
Self monitoring exercise is being aware of all the impacts of exercise physically and psychologi...
What's the best way to measure my fitness progress?
It's easy to step onto the bathroom scale every day. However, the number it displays doesn't provide...
How can lactate testing be helpful when designing an exercise program?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
The main benefit of knowing your lactate threshold is in helping design personalized training plans....