Why does my head shift forward during activity?

If your head juts forward either while you are resting or performing activity, most likely you have a muscle imbalance through your neck and shoulders. Try performing some stretches for your upper traps (the area where your neck and back meet). Additionally, practice keeping your head in a neutral position while performing activities, even if you have to actively pull your head back.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How do I determine my fitness level?
JC Pinzon JC Pinzon
Fitness has different components. You can start by checking your body fat percentage and compare it ...
What is oxygen uptake?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
Oxygen uptake is VO2. It’s the oxygen consumption or uptake per kilogram of body weight. It's the mo...
What are watts and how do they determine my exercise intensity?
Watts measures the rate of energy conversion. It is defined as one joule per second. In the case...
How is fitness measured in the lab?
There are many valid tests that are used in a laboratory setting to assess an individual’s level of ...