Why does my head shift forward during activity?

If your head juts forward either while you are resting or performing activity, most likely you have a muscle imbalance through your neck and shoulders. Try performing some stretches for your upper traps (the area where your neck and back meet). Additionally, practice keeping your head in a neutral position while performing activities, even if you have to actively pull your head back.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What is the National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP)?
Michael Bergeron, PhDMichael Bergeron, PhD
The National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP) is a group of scientists and heal...
How can I track my progress with my exercise program?
These days, there are numerous ways to count steps (or mileage or calories), and that’s through high...
How does talking help determine the intensity of exercise?
Joan PaganoJoan Pagano
The "talk test" is a timeless and easy way to guage the intensity of cardio exercise, based on your ...
Will super slow training make me stronger?
Yes. Super slow training can make you stronger.In two research studies that have been conducted on s...